I’ve encountered a number of SlashDot posts over the past week or so which discuss some of the more useful aspects of several computing tools that I use regularly. I’d commented on the first two individually (Forgotten Unix Tricks and Useful Vim Tricks) but since then, several more have emerged.
So, here are the links to each of them in one post, showing their original titles (not mine):
- (Useful) Stupid Unix Tricks
- (Useful) Stupid Vim Tricks
- (Stupid) Useful Emacs Tricks
- (Useful) Stupid Regex Tricks
- (Useful) Stupid Blackberry Tricks (slightly off the main theme though)
If someone (not me) were to make these into a book, I reckon it would prove to be quite popular. I know I’d certainly buy a copy.