Today, Thursday 24th September 2009, marks the 250th anniversary of the signing of the infamous 9,000 year lease by Arthur Guinness, for a four-acre site at St. James’s Gate in Dublin, on which the Guinness brewery is now located.
As a Guinness drinker (for more years than I care to admit to my parents), I’ve enjoyed many a pint of the black stuff, and have enjoyed some of my favourite pints in the following pubs:
- Martha Power’s Bar, Queen Street, Tramore, Co. Waterford
- Kavanagh’s (The Gravediggers), Glasnevin, Dublin 9
- Downes Bar, Thomas Steet, Waterford City
- Jack Quinn’s, Tejon Street, Colorado Springs, USA
- Geoff’s Bar, Michael Street, Waterford City
- The Spaniard Bar, Kinsale, Co. Cork
- The Cornerstone Bar, Lahinch, Co. Clare
- An CrÃºiscÃn LÃ¡n, Villierstown, Co. Waterford
- Benny Andersons, Ardee, Co. Louth
- The Shannon, Taipei, Taiwan
Where have you enjoyed your best pints of Guinness, and why?